Work with Bev
But seriously, if you’ve written something for publication and you need a professional edit or proofread without a lot of hassle and without busting your budget, I’m your best choice.
Not sure if you need copy editing or proofreading? Here’s a link that will help you make that determination: http://thewriteoneblog.com/substantive-editing-copy-editing-proofreading/
Once you’re clear on what you need, here’s what I charge for the services I provide:
Copy editing – $2 per double-spaced page (must adhere to standard ms. format)
Proofreading – $1.50 per double-spaced page (must adhere to standard ms. format)
Coaching sessions for writers (Skype or telephone) – $20 per half-hour session
Professional writing courses – $20 per week and up. Go here for more info: https://www.facebook.com/Abraxas.Writing.Courses
* I DO NOT provide developmental editing services.
* I DO NOT provide ghostwriting services.
* I am NOT a literary agent.
Anything else I might agree to do for you – $25 per hour minimum
(Hint: paying a flat fee is easier on your wallet).
Before you contact me, please note:
* I’m an editor and proofreader, not a ghostwriter. I will NOT rewrite or write your manuscript.
* I’m not your therapist. I will edit or proofread your manuscript.
* If I don’t know you well or you’re not a close friend, please do not friend me on Facebook.
* I do not work for free or for a promised share of royalties.
* A deposit of half my editing or proofreading fee is expected upfront.
* You are paying for my time as well as my knowledge and expertise.
* I work during the week, but not on weekends.
* Rush jobs are not welcome. I don’t do rush jobs. I often work with more than one client at a time and I won’t cut corners for existing clients to satisfy rush jobs.
* I’m a nice, patient person under most circumstances. Do not take advantage of my jocular nature ;-)
If you have other questions, drop me a line.
If you think we’ll make a good fit, proceed to the info below.
Ready to get started? E-mail me at nocturnaleditor (at) gmail.com. I’ll need no fewer than five pages of your work to determine if I will agree to edit or proofread it. Unfortunately for some people, but fortunately for me, I have minimum standards for manuscripts I will edit or proofread. To get a clue what those standards might be, see this post: https://writersdominatrix.wordpress.com/2015/10/14/this-shouldnt-even-be-a-thing-and-yet-it-is/
I look forward to hearing from you.